Subject: PGP problems (was Re: StrongARM replacement, 20 names on my list)
To: Graham Bell <aaa358@home.cam.net.uk>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/30/1998 21:41:49
On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Graham Bell wrote:

> Put simply they're buggy. While we're on the subject... has anyone had a
> problem with PGP on J/K SA's?.. I've been having problems with
> encripting and decripting on an 'old' machine. The en/decription 'works'
> with out any error messages etc.. but you try reading the decripted text
> or decripting the encripted text.. you get garbige. The solution is
> easy, plug a S/T SA or the old ARM 700 and it's fine. I can't find some
> one else with a J/K SA to plug in my machine. oh yeah.  anothre note is
> it happens in RISC OS as well and the solution is the same..

Well I have a revision K StrongARM and my pgp (v2.6.3ia) built using the
NetBSD package system on a 1.3F current system will happily encrypt and
decrypt straight to/from binary or ASCII representations. If there's an
FTP server somewhere which accepts NetBSD-current packages then I could
upload my PGP package to it. It would need to be outside the US though.

Mike