Subject: Re: StrongARM replacement, 20 names on my list
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Graham Bell <aaa358@home.cam.net.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/30/1998 13:54:17
On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Darren Reed wrote:

> In some email I received from Kjetil B. Thomassen, sie wrote:
> [...]
> > For new readers, the point here is to get someone to desolder
> > the the old SA-110 from the processor card, and re-solder a
> > new one. Someone got a quote from Acorn for GBP 100+VAT, but
> > it should be possible to get this cheaper if a lot of people
> > are going to do this.
>
> Similarly, for new readers, what is the point of this ?
>
> Darren

Put simply they're buggy. While we're on the subject... has anyone had a problem
with PGP on J/K SA's?.. I've been having problems with encripting and decripting
on an 'old' machine. The en/decription 'works' with out any error messages etc..
but you try reading the decripted text or decripting the encripted text.. you
get garbige. The solution is easy, plug a S/T SA or the old ARM 700 and it's
fine. I can't find some one else with a J/K SA to plug in my machine. oh yeah.
anothre note is it happens in RISC OS as well and the solution is the same..

Anyone got any ideas what could be going on?..

Regards,
       Graham