Subject: Re: KDE and QT lib
To: RiscBSD <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: The Sherratt Clan <ksherratt@argonet.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/25/1998 18:56:46
On 24 Sep, Timothy Coltman <tim@fivehighfield.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> In message <488a2e591dksherratt@argonet.co.uk>, The Sherratt Clan
> <ksherratt@argonet.co.uk> writes
> Hmmm... make sure you have a spare day to compile it in :-)).

> >ar cqs

> two solutions:

> (1)     use pkgsrc to build qt (copy the qt-1.40.tar.gz file to
> /usr/pkgsrc/distfiles, cd to /usr/pkgsrc/x11/qt and type 'make install'.
> This won't install qt in /usr/local/qt but it'll make it in the X11R6.3
> directory in /usr and various other places - a bit of a messy
> installation. I didn't want this so I built in /usr/local/qt. (And I
> didn't want the same effect when I compiled kde so I built that manually
> too).

I dont get what you mean here=8C what creates the usr/pkgsrc/x11/qt
directory?
I tried pkg_add qt-1.40.tar.gz and it moaned about a lack of a +CONTENTS
file.

And this still wont fix the ar -cqs problem, as the package from
ftp.netbsd.org also has that line in the src/makefile.

Anyway, I'll try linking against netbsd-g++-shared and see what happens.

Just did that=8C It compiled and made up libqt.a and then barfed=8C cant find
-Bshared.

ARRRRGHHHHH!

TTFN, Karl