Subject: Re: kvmlib procs don't work
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Stefan Voss <voss@yoda.in-berlin.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/22/1998 08:58:12
In message <Pine.NEB.4.02.9809210843340.15130-100000@duhnet.net>,
     Todd Vierling wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, Stefan Voss wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> : Being a known error message I downloaded the libkvm
> : sources and ps sources from NetBSD-current and recompiled them.
> : Unfortunately I get the same error when this new libkvm and ps is used.
> :
> : I also have "UVM=1" in /etc/mk.conf. I can see that e.g. ps is now
> : compiled with -DUVM. I'm running a kernel from NetBSD-current sup'ed just
> : yesterday. Now I have a UVM kernel, UVM binaries, UVM libs and "UVM=1" in
> : /etc/mk.conf. Any idea why I still get the "proc size mismatch" error?
>
> Make sure that your sources in /usr/include/sys (kernel stuff) are up to
> date.  It's likely that they are not.  Doing a "make includes" in /sys
> should solve that problem--but be warned, if you're going to do this, you
> may not be able to compile everything without updating the whole system.

"make includes" indeed did help. Recompiling libkvm and ps then gave a
working ps binary. Thanks!

It seems that your warning about not being able to compile everything is a
good one. Compiling even a simple program which features a

   "#include <signal.h>"

gives the follwing error message:

/usr/include/signal.h: In function `sigaddset':
In file included from test.c:3:
/usr/include/signal.h:78: invalid operands to binary |
/usr/include/signal.h: In function `sigdelset':
/usr/include/signal.h:89: invalid operands to binary &
/usr/include/signal.h: In function `sigismember':
/usr/include/signal.h:100: invalid operands to binary &

The file /usr/include/signal.h however has *not* changed from the version
that came with the UVM snapshot. Maybe one of the header files that
signal.h includes causes this error.

> Welcome to tracking -current.  :-/

Looks like I have opened Pandora's box :-/

Regards,
   Stefan

--
Stefan Voss