Subject: Re: Source changes on the horizon
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/22/1998 02:10:08
Hi,
  Ok after a short quiet period while I rewrote some ethernet drivers and
other goo I'm getting back to the source changes I was muttering about the
other week and the CATS support merging.

I have now junked the MD wdc/wd driver and have switched all the arm32 IDE
drivers that used the MD code over to the MI code (after a couple of
minor mods to the MI driver for the rapide 32 bit support).

This resolved the remaining device clash with files.isa so I have removed
a load of gunge from the fiels.arm32 file and included files.isa instead
(Horay I hear from all those developers who have been hacking shark ISA
stuff ;-))

This now paves the way for the CATS integration. There are one or two
things that I still need to work on and cleanup but the code is working
and I know there are folks just waiting to start using it.

Another change existing CATS users will notice is that the CATS port will
exclusively use the new MI WSCONS code. This may raise a few issues with
existing X servers until I merge the X hacks for CATS into a -current xsrc
tree.

So my current source hacking to-do list looks something like the
following. (order subject to regular shuffling)

o  Merge CATS support into -current
o  Commit MI seeq800x ethernet driver and new podulebus attachments as
   soon as I am happy with it.
o  Adapt all the podulebus SCSI driver that use the SFAS216 or NCR compat
   chips to use the MI NCR53c9x driver. (I need to fix a couple of panics
   I current am getting with the ptsc driver and merge in Markus's csc
   driver changes.)
o  Implement a VIDC driver for WSCONS framework and switch the
   RiscPC/A7000 over to wscons.
o  Switch shark to WSCONS.
o  Get new RiscPC Xserver debugged and commited to the xsrc tree.
o  Implement framework for cache and TLB ops rescheduling and implement
   for all supported ARM processors.
o  Complete and merge Neil's userland cache nuke tracking.
o  Complete versions of the wdc attachments for the bouyer-ide branch.

Plus a load of miscellaneous things etc.

Cheers,
				Mark