Subject: Re: Lesstif blues...
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Timothy Coltman <tim@fivehighfield.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/20/1998 20:05:22
In message <3603B8A0.EB9C9C26@causality.com>, Neil A. Carson
<neil@causality.com> writes
>Timothy Coltman wrote:
>
>> I'm having a varied amount of success in getting various versions of
>> Lesstif to work.I've compiled 0.85.3 without any problems and I can get
>> mwm and the test programs to work,  but when I come to run nedit (which
>> I have just built), the X server crashes with a Memory Fault. Is this
>> Lesstif's fault or Nedit's? Should I try 0.86.0?
>
>Neither, the X server's. Are you running it unlimited (just a thought?).

Yep, I tried that. I'm currently in the middle of compiling mozilla-
19980904, is that likely to fall down too? If so, will there be a fix
available for the server. (I seem to remember using the NetBSD 1.2
version of Nedit with xarm-33 without any problems).

>> Finally, can you reassure me that NetBSD will continue development on
>> the arm32 machines, despite Acorn's stupid decision to cancel Phoebe?
>
>I'm sure it will. The ARM and StrongARM are becoming extremely popular
>and in terms of users, the Acorn platform has been a minority for
>NetBSD/arm32 for a while.

Hurrah. What do people use it on then? Sharks? CATS (they look rather
good, actually - can anyone supply me with info on how easy they are to
use, how fast, what h/w can be used with them, etc, etc, as I'd quite
like to get one... (finances permitting :-))

>       Neil

Timothy Coltman