Subject: Re: For Acorn users and Acorn World...
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Duncan Ferguson <D.Ferguson@worc.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/17/1998 15:19:59
> RiscBSD won't be at Acorn World. As Phil Norman pointed out on the Linux
> list, this will br because there is no Acorn World. There is also no
> Phoebe RiscPC 2, so we won't be porting to that. 70 or so staff at Acorn
> are being sacked as a result.
>
> Bye bye Acorn desktop market.

Dont be soo quick to kill of the workstation markets chances - there have been
mentions about the place of possible buy-outs of the workstation division from
people in the know.

Dont give up until there is no known chance of rescue for RPC2 and Acorn
machines...

  Duncs.

(probably feeling too confident about the whole business...)