Subject: Re: SCSI drivers
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/17/1998 09:09:45
On Thu, 17 Sep 1998, Mark Brinicombe wrote:

> Several people are waiting for an install kernel with the patches so I
> will try and get that out ASAP.

That's great!

> If the patches appear to work for folks then I can switch the ptsc and the
> csc driver over to the MI NCR539x driver and add a driver for the Morely
> uncached SCSI card.

We already talked about that by mail.
I'm afraid I haven't got round to try your source code with the 16 vs. 40
MHz issue solved.
What I did try was Scott's csc code with my changes for the MI driver and
it seems to be working now! (I have tried it yesterday and haven't used
it a lot yet. Btw, my last source update was on Monday or Tuesday so all
the changes that were checked in recently seem to be OK.)
So maybe you want to use "my" version. I can have it ready (code cleanup
and more testing) by the weekend.
The question to me is, which one is more promising wrt. to getting DMA
working. I'll also try this out, I only need to give it a bootflag to
switch this on so it's easy to try out how far it gets.

> Then I just need to sort out the no interrupt fixes to the MI NCI driver
> so that the cosc driver and switch.

Can't help you there I'm afraid.

See you, Markus