Subject: Re: Anyone got GCC working on arm32 yet (RISCPC kernel)?
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Wain <pwain@nc.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/11/1998 09:44:43
--------------6DBAA5EF1A3E5D81224529C7

Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:07:18 +0200 (MET DST)
>  kim@pvv.ntnu.no wrote:
>
>  > I got mine to work by removing the StrongARM 110 processor and
>  > replacing it with an ARM 710. NetBSD is not made to handle
>  > the original StrongARM processor.
>
> Eh?  NetBSD runs on the SA-110.  IIRC, there are RiscPCs that SA-110s
> in them that DO WORK!

Almost :)

The problem was with the original early silicon SA110s that had a few small
bugs in them such as certain instructions on a page boundary causing weird
behaviour. (i.e. failing to correctly fault in the next page - hrm or was it
trying to fault in a page on a stack pop... one or the other - its too early
in the morning.)

Now I do remember that there were several threads a while back on ways to fix
this. (I must confess I thought that there was a kernel fix for it but I dont
have a memory back that far and the mail archives are not threaded... :)

Paul

--------------6DBAA5EF1A3E5D81224529C7

<HTML>
Jason Thorpe wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>On Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:07:18 +0200 (MET DST)