Subject: Re: 1.3a on an A7000+
To: David Boddie <davidb@dcs.st-and.ac.uk>
From: David Forbes <dmf20@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/11/1998 15:35:44
> I've tried A7INST kernel from
>
> ftp://sunsite.org.uk/packages/netbsd/NetBSD-1.3/arm32/binary/kernel/
>
> with the bootloader from
>
> ftp://sunsite.org.uk/packages/netbsd/NetBSD-1.3/arm32/installation/
>
> These are from January 1998.
>
> However, I just get the first five lines at the top of the screen, then

Are these the colored bars, or lines of text?  ISTR that coloured bars
implies trying a different kernel, or checking that you've got the right
amount of Video DRAM configured.  (I haven't got my machine in front of me
so I can't check this :-(

If it's text, could you send *exactly* what it says?

> the machine hangs. I presume that I'm supposed to set the root device
> to wd0a for the internal IDE drive...

Root device for the install stage ought to be the memory disk, md0a.

Have fun,
David.