Subject: Re: Anyone got GCC working on arm32 yet (RISCPC kernel)?
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Timothy Coltman <tim@fivehighfield.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/10/1998 20:25:17
In message <905449676.2122388.0@homeworld.cygnus.com>, Andrew Coles
<andrew@andycole.force9.co.uk> writes
>I know there's been some messages in the past posted about this, but has
>anyone got GCC working (ie. can compile things without crashing) on a Risc
>PC. The GCC I am referring to is in the xcomp.tgz file from the 1.3.2
>distribution.

Which bit crashes: the compile or running after the compilation has
finished? If you get a crash during the compile, try removing any
optimisation flags from the Makefile (look for an option such as -O or -
O2).

If the compile goes OK and just running causes a core dump (or
whatever), then it may be the infamous shared library bug, which seemed
to get fixed when the UVM sets came out. You could change to the UVM
sets and download them and it *should* work (well they work for me). You
could also try having a look through the mailing list archives.

>As I understand it the problems arise because GCC uses a different type of
>floating point system to the kernel.

No idea about that bit.

--
Timothy Coltman