Subject: Re: Anyone got GCC working on arm32 yet (RISCPC kernel)?
To: Andrew Coles <andrew@andycole.force9.co.uk>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/10/1998 15:08:18
On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Andrew Coles wrote:

: I know there's been some messages in the past posted about this, but has
: anyone got GCC working (ie. can compile things without crashing) on a Risc
: PC. The GCC I am referring to is in the xcomp.tgz file from the 1.3.2
: distribution.

I'm sure you mean comp.tgz - xcomp.tgz is just the X-Windows includes and
headers.  :>

: As I understand it the problems arise because GCC uses a different type of
: floating point system to the kernel.

As of 1.3, NetBSD/arm32 uses software floating point, so you don't need any
*FPE option in the kernel if you use the compiler in comp.tgz.