Subject: Re: Ether3 new-style
To: S.J. Borrill <sjb42@cus.cam.ac.uk>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/10/1998 01:44:27
On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, S.J. Borrill wrote:

> Any progress? I can send over a new Ether3 card if it would help. I am
> concerned that there are no podule-based ethernet cards suitable for use
> with NetBSD/arm32. I thought I'd heard Neil discussing the EtherLan500,
> but that just reports 'not configured' with both the old eh0 driver and
> the new ne0. I appreciate this is not a high priority thing (I'm as eager

I've been looking at the ne0 podulebus attach code again and I think it
should be pretty straighforward to add the code to support it. Do you have
an EtherLan 500 card which you could try out test kernels on? If you do
let me know and I'll add the attach support and e-mail you either some
patches or a test kernel to try out.

Mike