Subject: Re: Cant startx (solved)
To: Adrian Ireland <aireland@mail.indigo.ie>
From: Andrew Coles <andrew@andycole.force9.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/09/1998 22:16:18
<snip - thanks by the way>

> I am not sure how the distribution on the ftp site at
> ftp.uk.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/arm32/RPC_X11R6.3/
> can be easily fixed for other people who would like to download
> the sets to get X running.
>
> If anyone wants to put up a new set of tar.gz files I would
> be happy to test it (phone bills permitting)

My current plan is to install the 'new' X stuff (ie. that doesn't work),
and using a utility written in BASIC on the RISC OS side (I'm proficient,
so it won't present any problem) store exact details of all the files in
/usr/X11R6 (using UnixFS to read them).

Then, clear it all off, install the old stuff, install the new stuff,
reinstall old fonts (get working system), run the routine again, and then
write another quick program to compare the two files - see exactly which
files are missing/changed.

Should do it this weekend some time, then I'll make a Xarm33-patch.tgz file
and post it to my web space (not actually being used, but it's
http://www.andycole.force9.co.uk).

If anyone wants it (after I've made it) feel free to add it to the NetBSD
tree or anything.

Bye for now

Andrew