Subject: Re: Source changes on the horizon
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/09/1998 22:56:55
On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Sep 1998 02:54:08 +0100 (BST)
>  Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com> wrote:
>
>  > 5. The pcvt console code will then be merged in to complete the CATS
>  > port.
>
> Why?!  We are trying to GET RID OF PCVT!  You should be doing wscons here,
> instead!
Well this comes down to times scales. At the time of porting it was either
pcvt or an alpha state wscons with a single vt. Looking at the wscons code
it does appear to have come on a lot. I take it it is now considered
stable and supports all the pcvt features such as multiple consoles etc.
If so then this could be used instead. Also does this mean it is now in a
state where by the i386 and bebox can switch to it or are there still some
things that need doing ?

CHeers,
				Mark