Subject: Cant startx (solved)
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Adrian Ireland <aireland@mail.indigo.ie>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/09/1998 16:15:16
Firstly I would like to thank all the people who helped me get X running.

David Forbes
Mark Brinicombe
Mike Pumford
Thilo Manske
Neil A Carson
Todd Vierling
Thomas Boroske
ct
Dave Millen
and Chris Cowdery

The prize goes to Andrew Coles

There seem to be two problems
(1) the rgb.db file is missing
(2) Problem with the fonts

As suggested by Andrew If you install the old distribution
then the new one on top of that and reinstall the old fonts
both the rgb and font problems seem to be fixed.

I am not sure how the distribution on the ftp site at
ftp.uk.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/arm32/RPC_X11R6.3/
can be easily fixed for other people who would like to download
the sets to get X running.

If anyone wants to put up a new set of tar.gz files I would
be happy to test it (phone bills permitting)

Adrian
--
Adrian Ireland mailto:aireland@indigo.ie http://indigo.ie/~aireland/
Slam a revolving door today!