Subject: SCSI drivers
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/08/1998 00:31:24
Hi,
  Ok since the state of the SCSI drivers appears to have been getting
worse rather than better, it it time to fix things. I have been looking at
a problem with the Connect 32 driver and it appears that various SCSI and
MI changes (plus possibly some of MD changes) have resulting in breaking
the polling mode of the sfas driver in the tree. This is the reason why
there have been cosc driver problems and is probably responcible for the
csc driver problems. The ptsc driver escapes this as it does not use
polling mode, however if that is forced similar problems arise.

Currently I am trying to put together a new version of the ptsc driver
that uses the MI NCR53c9x code. At the moment it is rather fetal but I can
sucessfully mount a filecore SCSI disc with it.
First round it just to replace the functionality of the existing drivers.

Once I have cleaned the code up and given it a bit more of a test I will
try and produce connect32 and cumana SCSI II versions but will need users
help in testing them.

Cheers,
				Mark