Subject: Re: joy driver on Shark
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@MIT.EDU>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/05/1998 18:02:45
On Sat, 5 Sep 1998, Charles M. Hannum wrote:

> I'm not sure why someone added the frontend without updating the
> config files, MAKEDEV, etc., but it does work, and I updated all the
> other tidbits.

Probably Jason forgot.

> My Shark makes a nice xmame/xmess/xdoom engine.  B-)

;-) Where do people find the time to play games ;-)))) I wish I could

> (Except for the vector games (love that FP!!) and the bug with the
> XF86 DGA extension...)
If you think the soft-float FP is slow, emulating the FP instructions as
we did originally was even slower.
Certainly there is a significant speed increase that could still be
achieved by coding an assembly version of the softfloat library.

Cheers,
				Mark