Subject: Re: gcc updates
To: ct <turnbull@xserver.sjc.ox.ac.uk>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/03/1998 12:43:39
On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, ct wrote:

: Anyone tell me where the to find latest versions of gcc/g++ ?

`There isn't one without patches.'  I'll put up a cross pkg for arm32 next
week, which will use egcs 1.1 (gcc 2.8.1) and the libstdc++ that comes with
it...

: I've removed every worthwhile error message from this compilation and
: its still not producing a working binary (Illegal instruction)...

Part of this is the fact that NetBSD uses soft-float and gcc uses
hard-float.  You can add ARMFPE to your kernel and get _most_ things to work
(note that compiling NetBSD's own source tree is not one of them), but any
binaries you create will be forever stuck requiring ARMFPE.