Subject: Re: RGB_DB and xwindows
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/02/1998 21:39:17
> > > i noticed that someone else was having trouble with the RGB_DB not
> > > being found and the xwindows server failing to open font 'fixed'
> > > etc etc (was posted about a week ago i think)
> > > Did anyone post a fix for this that i have missed/not noticed??
Please check if you have got the right fontset installed:

I did a "make build" in the X-source tree yesterday. After that I got
the same error messages when I started xdm (-debug 1) or xinit.
I noticed that the freshly installed fonts were all gzipped
(*.gzip), the old ones a all compressed (*.Z). I reinstalled the old
fontset and it worked again. (Copying the old *.dir files would have
been enough since the "make install" didn't touched the old fonts
because of different endings.)

I suppose X-arm (#33) doesn't like gzipped fonts. Any chance that we get
a newer and more stable one (and sources) in a few weeks/months? IIRC
there=B4s somebody working on this.

Bye,
  Thilo.

--=20
Mir ist mein Signature entlaufen :-(. Wer es findet, sendet es bitte an
Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE zur=FCck. Danke!=20