Subject: Re: RGB_DB and xwindows
To: None <andrew@andycole.force9.co.uk>
From: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/01/1998 20:40:38
Andrew Coles wrote:

> You did post a message saying that typing cd /usr; ln -s X11R6 X11R6.3
> would do the trick but it doesn't.

Okay... So...

It was complaining about not being able to open a file. First of all,
see if you can cd into the directory that it thinks the file is in.
Doing so should follow the symbolic file link that you set up before, as
I instructed. If you can't cd into that directory then:
	1) Either the link is wrong or
	2) The directory is missing
If you _can_ cd into the directory, is the file there? If not then
	a) The file is missing
or
	b) The file has the wrong permissions
In the latter case, please ls -l the file. I presume you are running X
as root.

Let me know more about the precise nature of the problem, then maybe we
can help some more.

	Neil

--
Neil A. Carson