Subject: Re: cross-compiling arm32 from i386, howto?
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/01/1998 02:33:57
On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Todd Vierling wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Todd Whitesel wrote:
>
> : Is there a writeup anywhere about how one can cross-compile a source tree
> : (say, -current) for arm32 from an i386 system?
>
> Sorry, can't.  `You can build kernels and _static_ binaries, but not the
> userland source.'  No shared library support in cross linker yet.
>
> This support _is_ being worked on, however.

Ermm I can build dynamic arm32 binaries under NetBSD/i386 ;-)
If you build the netbsd linker as a cross linker (ok you cannot just hit
make and expect a cross linker to fall out the other end, it requires a
little bit tinkering) then this works fine (or has on all the dynamic
binaries I have built so far. Certainl trying to build things like sh,
some of the games, the toolchain etc in a cross compiler environment is a
no-go.

Cheers,
				Mark