Subject: Re: getting a CATS to use el cheapo ne0 & sb0
To: None <toddpw@best.com>
From: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/31/1998 11:31:16
> However!! All is not well. I tried some real tests with the board today, and
> it appears to suck with the netbsd-1.3.2 ne2000 driver. Get this:
>
> Telnet performance is spasmodic. There are lots of pregnant pauses as if some
> very slow timer is flushing whatever outstanding data is "in flight" in the
> connection. Ping shows that each packet appears to take exactly 1 second
> longer than it should, but it's not clear whether the delay is during
> transmit, receive, or both.
I have a REALTEK card (that I bought at Fry's last summer).  It behaves
as you describe, but I can get it to work by doing `ifconfig down'
followed by `ifconfig up' on the interface.  The problematic behaviour
doesn't always show up, sometimes it works.  Once it works it seems to
behave well.

        -- Lennart