Subject: Re: getting a CATS to use el cheapo ne0 & sb0
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/30/1998 03:26:14
On Sun, 30 Aug 1998 02:48:07 -0700 (PDT)
 Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com> wrote:

 > NetBSD/arm32 on my CATS system doesn't want to probe either of these boards;
 > the firmware does not recognize the card as an ne0, and 'config' on arm32
 > thinks that isapnp* and sb* are unknown devices, and won't let me add them
 > to the kernel. I thought these were MI device drivers, so any ideas about
 > how I might get them added to my arm32 kernel would be appreciated.

For the NE2000 problem, "take a look at how many chips there are that
claim to be an NE2000" in sys/dev/pci/if_ne_pci.c

chances are the CATS firmware doesn't match all of those vendor/product
combos.

Re. isapnp... you have to have Very Current sources to even have a
prayer of using isapnp on an arm32 system... better press on that
portmaster to get the CATS support code into the mainline :-)

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 940 5942