Subject: C Compiler problems
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Duncan McDiarmid <dmcd@csl.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/20/1998 10:35:50
Hi,

I've just installed NetBSD 1.3.2, and on trying to compile a simple C program, I
got the following error

Data Abort : Permission error (page) status=00f address=00000010 PC=000ef7f0
Process=f157e400 pid=284 comm=cc1
CPSR=60000013 Traceback info (frame=f2a4dfb8)
fp->lr=f0126070 fp->pc=f012f1c4
fp->lr=f0124b04 fp->pc=f0125ab8
Trapframe PC=000ef7f0
Trapframe SPSR=60000010
gcc : Internal compiler error : program cc1 go fatal signal 11

I also tried to compile a similar program in c++, using g++ and this worked fine
producing a working a.out. gcc only seems to produce core files.

The machine I am using is a RiscPC with 50Mb.

A similar problem was posted by Peter Teichmann, but no solution was provided.
Anyone any ideas? Should I be using a different installation set, than the one
on the ftp site, or should some clever patch be installed?

Thanks,

Duncan McDiarmid