Subject: Re: Getting a shark
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Daniels <Davedan@arcade.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/16/1998 10:29:33
  TV> : Where from? I would be very tempted by one if I knew where
  TV> to obtain : one... Can anyone recommend a source?
  TV>
  TV>http://www.funaiusa.com/
Silly question time... Once you've obtained one of the Shark-based
NCs from Funai, what can you do with it? Does it have a disk
interface hidden away inside so that you can connect a hard disk?
If not, what can you do in this area? The power supply is going to
be one for the US, I would guess, so that would probably require
changing. Then, what about the software? Is there a version of
NetBSD that has been built specifically for it, or do you have to
cross-compile your own kernel and then move it across? If someone
could answer these questions, it might be of help to people
interested in looking at the Funai box.

Dave
--
    ___  ___  ___  ___  ___  ___   |  Free Internet E-mail and Usenet News  |
|  /   \/   \/   \/   \/   \/   \  | +44 181 654 2212 also +44 181 655 4412 |