Subject: Re: Programs I built bomb out
To: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
From: Dave Millen <webmaster@largesalad.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/14/1998 18:37:02
Markus Baeurle wrote:

> I start mozilla-export from the command line,

Presumably both 'mozilla' and 'moz-export' fail because of an 'unrecognised
symbol'.
This is currently being looked at by Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl> and
hopefully will soon be corrected.

>  not from X.

Why not from X? I can run mozilla-export from an xterm, although it's a bit
flaky, Frank thinks that it's a problem between mozilla and lesstif, but it does
run OK on most pages.

> As expected, it prints "Cannot open display" or so, then the data abort occurs.

possibly a result of no X/lesstif ?

> Same with the dynamic version moz-export.
> If I run kaffe to get the command line options there's no problem. If I want
> it to run a Java program, the data abort occurs.

When I tried to compile kaffe, it compained about 2 files being missing,

     cc: ../../libraries/clib/math/libmanagement.a: No such file or
     directory
     cc: ../../libraries/clib/math/libawt.a: No such file or directory

and I haven't looked further into it yet.

> I have a RiscPC with bugged StrongARM, 48+2 MB of RAM running a self-compiled
> kernel built from current sources without ARMFPE. I have installed the UVM
> snapshot, so the libraries are from it. I'm not so sure about my
> /usr/libexec/cc1 binary but haven't had any problems with it so far.

> I'm wondering about two things:
> -Should these binaries have FP instructions, how will they fail with a kernel
>  without FPE? They were compiled with -msoft-float, though.
> -What about the addresses 0084 and 10768d34? What's there?

Don't know, do a send-pr

regards,
Dave

--
Customer: "I'm running Windows 95 and Internet Explorer 4."
Tech Support: "Y-e-e-e-e-s........"

e-mail: dmill@globalnet.co.uk
net: http://www.largesalad.co.uk