Subject: Re: KDE 1.0
To: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
From: S.J. Borrill <sjb42@cus.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/12/1998 10:12:43
On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Neil A. Carson wrote:

> S.J. Borrill wrote:
>
> > After about 24 hours compilation, I've now got KDE 1.0 compiled for arm32.
> > It's available from http://netra.xemplar.co.uk/kde/ if anyone is
> > interested. It cures the inactive kpanel problem and also the
> > backspace problem.
>
> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /kde/ on this server.

Oops. Still trying to come to terms with the much more restrictive
access.conf with Apache 1.3. (Hint: if you want a file index rememebr to
switch on Options Indexes)

And to answer Todd, yes these are tarballs from pkgsrc.

Laurent: KDE by default provides you with 4 virtual screens and a
sophisticated way to move windows between them.

I've not managed to get kdeadmin or kdenonbeta to compile yet. Runnning
configure complains it can't even compile a small KDE program - funny
that, I've just compiled the whole lot from scratch..

Stephen Borrill