Subject: Re: C compiler always crashes
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Peter Teichmann <teich-p@Rcs1.urz.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/11/1998 23:31:57
In message <Pine.NEB.4.02.9808111650070.18623-100000@duhnet.net> you wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Peter Teichmann wrote:
>
> : when trying to compile something (even the simplest program that only does
> : a printf) gcc always crashes. It says something like:
>
> Are you using a homebrewn gcc or the one that comes with NetBSD/arm32 1.3.x
> or a snapshot?

I am using the precompiled gcc from ftp.netbsd.org, the archive was called
comp.tgz

> Try adding ARMFPE to your kernel and recompile the kernel.  If it's fixed,
> that should hold you for now.

As you see I can not recompile a kernel as gcc does not work. But I tried
some of the kernels flying around, there were also some with ARMFPE. The
error was the same.

--
Peter Teichmann

Email: teich-p@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de  WWW: rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~teich-p