Subject: Re: Shark audio
To: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@mit.edu>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/09/1998 17:04:56
> Charles M. Hannum wrote:
> >
> > > Around how many interrupts/sec will the Shark audio normally generate?
> >
> > Assuming the default block size, roughly one every 50ms.
>
> At present, I'd estimate the very worse case interrupt latency to be a
> couple of milliseconds (it's quite high right now, but it should go down
> massively sometime soon). So I'd guess this isn't causing the
> warbling...

I'm not sure about the ES1887, but I believe some devices will prefill
their FIFO and then stop transferring until you acknowledge the
interrupt.  So it's possible that you only have ~1.45ms (256/176400s)
to acknowledge the interrupt without getting a glitch.

Anyway, I'll look at it when I decide to boot the Shark again.  B-)