Subject: Re: Motif-alikes for ARM Unices
To: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
From: Stefan Hanske <shanske@ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/04/1998 16:52:06
On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Mark Brinicombe wrote:

>   Last time I looked Lesstif only supported the Motif 1.2 functionality so
> there could be a few problems if Motif 2.0 and later functionality is
> required.

Last time I looked lesstif supported Motif-1.2, Motif-2.0, Motif-2.1 and
Motif-CDE. You can decide which to compile via the 'configure'-script. On
ARMLinux there are problems with lesstif. It compiled fine with all the
demo programs - but when starting them there was the strange message:

'Attempt to add non widget child drop_site_manager to ... which only
supports widgets' and a clean (but unexpected) exit.

After getting Linux running on my machine, I started learning to read
(and modify ;-) c-code, from understanding c++ I'm far away, so after
having a short look at the source I gave up.

|mailto: Stefan Hanske (shanske@ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de |
|WWW : http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~shanske      |
|phone: I'm not silly                                    |
| And don't forget to remember what you remembered not   |
| to forget to remember...				 |