Subject: Re: What are the advantages of UVM?
To: None <andrew@andycole.force9.co.uk>
From: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/03/1998 14:43:44
Andrew Coles wrote:

> I've read a bit about UVM on the NetBSD web site and it has been mentioned
> several times in this mailing list. Is it worth upgrading to UVM? Is it a
> simple patch to the kernel or do I need recompiled binaries to take
> advantage of it?

Should be well worth it, although it appears to have shown up what could
be some bugs somewhere in the Acorn architecture support (probably
console...). That said, few people have reported bugs but most have
enjoyed higher stability and performance, I think.

Best upgrade your user and kernel to Marks new snapshot, which I think
will be coming soon.

	N.

--
Neil A. Carson