Subject: Re: Motif-alikes for ARM Unices
To: None <theomarkettos@letterbox.com>
From: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/02/1998 22:11:18
Greetings,

Lesstif works fine on NetBSD/arm32, as does Qt. I gather with a full ELF
version of Linux/arm they should work fine on that, though I don't
understand all of the issues for this OS so I won't comment. Qt is not a
clone of motif, it's a completely different C++ object-oriented desktop
API. You also need to pay to use Qt commercially (if your project is
commercial).

Lesstif basically implements Motif, and as I understand it most stuff is
now there (Mosaic, Mozilla/Netscape etc all run fine with Lesstif and
Motif). Any program that works with Motif _should_ work with Lesstif,
and vice-versa.

I hear that Lesstif is actually pretty good these days, but have never
used it myself.

	N.

--
Neil A. Carson