Subject: Motif-alikes for ARM Unices
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG, linux-arm@vger.rutgers.edu>
From: Theo Markettos <bsd-list@marketto.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/02/1998 19:38:36
I may be joining a programming project in the near future which is currently
being developed on Linux x86 using Motif.  If possible, I'd like to work on
this on my Risc PC, running either NetBSD/arm-32 or ARMLinux, and avoid
getting a PC.

What's the situation with the various Motif clones (eg Lesstif,
qt etc) that are about - which ones work on ARM Unices?  What sort of
coverage do they have over Motif's functionality?  How easy is it to port
from Motif to them - does it just mean linking with another library, or are
major code changes involved?  As you might have gathered from this, I haven't
done very much in the way of X programming, so I don't too much of an idea of
what's involved.  Any clarification would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance,
Theo

--
Theo Markettos          Home:   theomarkettos@letterbox.com