Subject: What arm32 systems is everyone using?
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Colin MacKenzie <cmackenzie@epage.ca>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/31/1998 09:54:22
Hi,

I have just ordered an arm32 processor and plan to use it in an embedded
design. I have experience in other processors, but I am new to the RISC
technology, and especially the StrongARM's. I feel comfortable with the
elctronics part of making the motherboard, but not so with making the
bios and hacking the OS. I would like to run this port of NetBSD on my
embedded SBC. What sort of things will I have to include (in general) in
the bios for NetBSD to work? I was hoping I could rehack the BSD OS to
include only the stuff that I need and illiminate the stuff that depends
on bios functions I haven't implemented, is this realistic? (Am I being
realistic?!?) Perhaps there is a more ideal OS out there for embedded
SBC's?

The past microprocessors and embedded projects I have been working on
are a little childs play compared to this ground up approach, but I've
been bored with the latter for quite some time. Is anyone in this group
running NetBSD on thier own arm32 architecture? If so, I would
especially like to hear from you about what you have learned, including
your success's and failure's.

Thanks,
Colin

Colin Mackenzie (http://www.silicon.ns.ca)
HMC Group, Programmer/Net. Admin
It said, "Insert disk #3," but only two will fit!