Subject: No buffer space available
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: S.J. Borrill <sjb42@cus.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/15/1998 15:33:54
I've a RiscPC with two ethernet cards in running 1.3F. The machine is
acting as a web proxy. There are a number of client machines on one
interface and the other interface is conneted to an ISN router. When I
have more than a couple of pages being fetched the connection gets slower
and eventually hangs. If I try to ping anywhere , I get the error 'No
buffer space available'. netstat shows thaht about 38 sockets are being
used and much of these are in a wait state. After a few minutes, the tcp
connections time out, the sockets are freed up and everything works again
for a small while. I presume this is like mbuf exhaustion under RISC OS.
How do I get around the problem?

Stephen Borrill