Subject: Re: multisegment memory problems
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Steve Woodford <steve@mctavish.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/13/1998 20:51:09
On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Todd Vierling wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>
> : I finally remembered to look at the OFW on my shark to answer your
> : console question :-)

[snip]

> That wasn't the question, IIRC.  I believe the question was, "how do I force
> VGA display/pcvt even with no keyboard connected?".  That's a nvramrc issue
> at best, and maybe we have a OFW guru out there?
>
> With "input-device" set to "keyboard" and "output-device" set to "screen",
> OFW will still force the system back to com1 for console if there is no
> keyboard plugged in (or the keyboard is stuck).

Yup. that's what happens. Right now, I just switch off the modem if I need
to reboot the Shark. The /dev/console entry in /etc/syslog.conf has been
changed to /var/log/console for want of anything better. So far, things
are running smoothly. ;-)

Cheers, Steve

PS. Anyone else had a Shark power-brick go belly-up?