Subject: Re: multisegment memory problems
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/13/1998 13:42:17
On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Jason Thorpe wrote:

: I finally remembered to look at the OFW on my shark to answer your
: console question :-)
:
: General answer is:
:
: 	setenv input-device <device>
: 	setenv output-device <device>
:
: <device> is either a full path to an OpenFirmware device node, or an
: alias for an OpenFirmware device node.

That wasn't the question, IIRC.  I believe the question was, "how do I force
VGA display/pcvt even with no keyboard connected?".  That's a nvramrc issue
at best, and maybe we have a OFW guru out there?

With "input-device" set to "keyboard" and "output-device" set to "screen",
OFW will still force the system back to com1 for console if there is no
keyboard plugged in (or the keyboard is stuck).