Subject: Re: Can not run XEmacs after installing UVM.
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ib-Michael Martinsen <imm@nethotel.dk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/12/1998 17:16:17
Mike Pumford writes:
 > On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Ib-Michael Martinsen wrote:
 >
 > > However this has left me in a state where I cannot use some parts of
 > > XEmacs v19.15. It starts allright, but on the welcome page the
 > > colour of XEmacs is in grey and not in full blue. There are no error
 > > messages given.
 > >
 > > If I the try to start the mail or news packages of XEmacs I get the
 > > following errors:

 > > remove-message-hook-error:   (error Memory exhausted)
 > > Memory exhausted
 > >
 > I would guess that XEmacs has been confused by a change to an internal
 > kernel structure.

I found out that root can still use XEmacs. After I changed the XEmacs
attributes to a+sx ordinary users can use the full XEmacs again, but
this is not the right way to fix it, as all saved files now are saved
with owner/group-ids root/wheel, which are the owner/group-ids of
the xemacs-19.15 binary.

Does anyone care to comment?

Regards
   Ib-Michael
--
Ib-Michael Martinsen		Email at work: dtpimm@dsg.dk
Fidomail:      2:234/181.9	Email at home: imm@nethotel.dk

Running RiscBSD v1.3a on an Acorn RiscPC with a 202.4 MHz StrongArm processor.