Subject: Re: Hi there!
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stefan Voss <voss@yoda.in-berlin.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/12/1998 10:32:27
In message <48643426eamh120608@staffs.ac.uk>,
     Ian Molton wrote:

> I've installed RiscBSD, and got as far as installing the base etc, kernel
> and misc sets...
>
> however, when I boot it up, root is mounted as read only.
>
> how do I rectify this ?

You might have to edit a line in /etc/rc.conf to be 'configured=YES' (or
'configure=YES'). After a fresh installation this line defaults to
'configured=NO' which drops you into single user mode when booting. Having
/ mounted read-only and other filesystems unmounted is a sign of being in
single user mode.

After editing /etc/rc.conf a reboot should take you into multiuser mode
where / (and other filesystems) are mounted read-write.

And also don't forget to unset the 'Single User Mode' checkbox in
!BtRiscBSD if you want to boot into multi user mode.

Regards,
   Stefan

--
Stefan Voss