Subject: Re: Can not run XEmacs after installing UVM.
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ib-Michael Martinsen <imm@nethotel.dk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/11/1998 13:16:15
Hello Mike,

you wrote:

MP> > If I the try to start the mail or news packages of XEmacs I get the
MP> > following errors:

MP> > remove-message-hook-error:   (error Memory exhausted)
MP> > Memory exhausted
MP> >
MP> I would guess that XEmacs has been confused by a change to an internal
MP> kernel structure.

It might be so, but then the error ought to disappear when I switch back
to NetBSD/arm32 v1.3alfa and it does not :-(

MP> I don't know how to solve your problem since I upgraded my XEmacs to 20.3
MP> courtesy of a tweaked for arm32 version of the NetBSD package. I could
MP> arrage to transfer this to you for installation with pkg_add. However this
MP> is 13MB of tar file and is built to install in /usr/local rather than
MP> /usr/pkg (the standard NetBSD package prefix). VM and Gnus work fine with
MP> this build of XEmacs which was actually built for NetBSD 1.3E with UVM
MP> enabled. Note the size of the tgz is significant since I'm in the UK on
MP> the wrong side of a V34 modem connection to the internet. However if you
MP> mail me we can come to some arrangement for the transfer of this package
MP> and the packages it depends on.

I am interested but I am also on the same side as you (i.e. at the wrong
side of a V34 modem connection :-). The best thing for most people (I guess)
was if you could upload it to some local public webserver. Then all interested
parties could download it as well. Is it possible for you to do that?

I am not too keen on making a call from Denmark to England to download 13MB
of data :-)

I look forward to hear from you (or anybody else who knows how to solve
my problem).

Best regards
   Ib-Michael
--
Ib-Michael Martinsen		Email at work: dtpimm@dsg.dk
Fidomail:      2:234/181.9	Email at home: imm@nethotel.dk

Running RiscBSD v1.3a on an Acorn RiscPC with a 202.4 MHz StrongArm processor.