Subject: Re: Added users have no home directory?
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Dave Millen <dmill@globalnet.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/11/1998 11:06:10
David Brownlee wrote:

>         can you 'cd ~user' from a root shell?
>         Does the user own the homedir, and what are the permissions on
>         it, and each entry in the path (does the user have read and
>         execute permissions on all, plus write on the homedir).

Yes to all!

One other thing - when trying to 'su <user>', whichever shell is assigned to
<user>, the message '/bin/<shell> permission denied' is displayed. This is
definitely not a permissions problem - all permissions are as they should be.

regards,
Dave

--
Customer: "I'm running Windows 95 and Internet Explorer 4."
Tech Support: "Y-e-e-e-e-s........"

e-mail: dmill@globalnet.co.uk
net: http://www.largesalad.co.uk