Subject: Added users have no home directory?
To: NetBSD-arm32 <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Millen <dmill@globalnet.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/10/1998 17:56:30
Salutations

I have a newly installed 1.3.2 system which works fine, but I can't add users
successfully :(

The user is added, but is unable to login and it is not possible to su to the
user!
When attempting to login, the message

even though the directory exists.

This occurs whether the user is added manually by editing /etc/passwd, creating
the home directory and running pwd_mkdb or added using the adduser script(which
creates the home directory correctly) - and the location of the new home
directory does not seem to make any difference.

I should point out that since I have an ICS IDE interface in my machine, I am
using one of the test kernels posted by Mark a while ago - I don't know if this
has any bearing

Any help gratefully accepted :)

TIA
Dave

--
Customer: "I'm running Windows 95 and Internet Explorer 4."
Tech Support: "Y-e-e-e-e-s........"

e-mail: dmill@globalnet.co.uk
net: http://www.largesalad.co.uk