Subject: Re: README: Shark bus_dma back-ends committed
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Paul Wain <pwain@nc.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/08/1998 00:46:42
--------------BC942FE3BC72EE851BD1BA6F

Jason Thorpe wrote:

>  > Hey,
> hiya...

Back atcha!

>  > song in the source code based on "Row Row Row your boat" entitiled "Hack Hack
>  > Hack your kernel" for a while) to basically get an "almost Sound Blaster" mode
>
> Yah... that song was one of the things I nuked :-)

With full appologies to Dave, Chris, Flash, et al, but that was one of my fave bits
of the DEC port :)

> NetBSD 1.3F (JAWS) #46: Tue Jul  7 20:45:55 PDT 1998

As we would say in the UK, (uggh! See the Brits abroad home page!), that is corney
beyond belief!

> I wanna try and get the game port working, too... the Shark should make
> an excellent platform on which to run xmame (mmm, 1942!! :-)

1942, 1943 and Black Tiger are the only reason to get MAME! Try Black Tiger on a
400Mhz Pentium box :) 1942/43 on a Shark do rock however. As do some of the other X
games (the one where you have to destroy the nodules on the space stations - cant
recall the name - is the best - I can get to level ~30 before I give up and restart).

> PCI support is on my list, too, but I need to build an adapter so I can
> plug a normal PCI card into the funky connector the IAG used :-)

Uggh! Good luck. That was only designed as a test port from what I recall. (Dave C?)

> (Guess I should dig out the Shark docs and figure out where PCI config
> space lives :-)

Or reply to my private message ;P

Paul

--------------BC942FE3BC72EE851BD1BA6F

begin:          vcard
fn:             Paul Wain
n:              Wain;Paul
org:            Network Computer Inc
adr:            1000 Bridge Parkway;;;Redwood City;CA;94040;USA
email;internet: pwain@nc.com
title:          Development Manager (NCOS)
tel;work:       +1 650 631 4600
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1