Subject: Re: bus_dma back-end for Shark
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/29/1998 17:04:08
On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Jason Thorpe wrote:

: Err, the Sequoia is the core logic chip... That is going to be MD by its
: very nature :-)

mmm, crack!  Somehow I thought there was a MI one... there wouldn't happen
to be any "sequoia" lines in sys/dev/*/files.*, would there?  (no source
tree at my disposal t6o check at the moment)

: Oh, ok... I'll add an sb_ofisa, then, and then eventually we can add
: an ess_ofisa which returns a higher match priority than sb_ofisa.

That should work.

: I don't honestly know what an ESS native mode offers over SB emulation.

16 bit, as augustss said.  That's definitely worth a new driver, then.  8->