Subject: Re: 2 stupid questions
To: teich-p <teich-p@Rcs1.urz.tu-dresden.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/29/1998 13:17:15
On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, teich-p wrote:

: 1.) How do I compile a kernel? I downloaded the kernel sources, but found no
: desription how to do that.

"man config" whould tell you what you need to know.

: 2.) Is there a special program to decompress those .pkg files to the
: destinatio directory? Until now I decompressed them to a temp directory,
: looked where they belong, and copied them to the destination.

pkg_add does exactly that - that's what those funny +COMMENT, +CONTENTS,
etc. files are for.  The format of the files is only tar so that you can
uncompress them and do them yourself if you want to.  :)