Subject: Re: bus_dma back-end for Shark
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/29/1998 10:28:11
On Sat, 27 Jun 1998, Jason Thorpe wrote:

: I have a pretty-much-working bus_dma back-end for the Shark now, and
: am using the MI isadma driver, etc.  I have converted the CS8900 driver
: and am running on it now.

Mmm!  The Shark uses a MD version of the sequoia driver; does the MI version
of that one work as well?

: There are still a few buglets, in particular the old Shark isadma driver
: programs loop mode differently than the MI driver does, and I think that
: might be causing me some problems... but after a half-day's hacking, this
: isn't too bad, and it will allow us to use the new ESS driver when Lennart
: is finished with it :-)

The sb driver can be used in the meantime, as the ess can be used as a
sb-clone....  (what does the ess offer over sb in its "native" mode?)