Subject: filecorefs v1.1 source available
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew McMurry <a.mcmurry1@physics.oxford.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/29/1998 10:50:58
I have not got source code for a new version of the filecore filesystem
available at:

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~ball0038/filecore-src-1.1.tar.gz

Sorry, there is no binary release yet. This version includes mount
options -u and -g for speciying the user and group ownership of the
filecore files, in the same way as mount_msdosfs. It also includes
a new file permissions scheme, suggested by Chris Poole:
Owner gets read access always, Group gets read access according to the
RISCOS owner permissions, and User gets read access according to the
RISCOS public permissions.

There is a bug fix or two, and some options to avoid excessive map
lookups by caching directory disc addresses.

If there are no further arm32 bugs and I can get the problems with the
i386 port sorted out (Mark: I don't have access to any non-arm32
NetBSD machines), then it should be ready to be merged into -current.

	Andrew