Subject: bus_dma back-end for Shark
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/27/1998 22:55:04
FYI...

I have a pretty-much-working bus_dma back-end for the Shark now, and
am using the MI isadma driver, etc.  I have converted the CS8900 driver
and am running on it now.

There are still a few buglets, in particular the old Shark isadma driver
programs loop mode differently than the MI driver does, and I think that
might be causing me some problems... but after a half-day's hacking, this
isn't too bad, and it will allow us to use the new ESS driver when Lennart
is finished with it :-)

Also, this code requires the multiple-free-list stuff for UVM that I
posted about on tech-kern yesterday (I'm not terribly motivated to port
the multiple-free-list code to Mach VM, so obviously this won't work
without UVM), but I don't consider that to be too much of a problem...

Ciao.

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 428 6939