Subject: Question about Shark DMA
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/27/1998 16:18:39
I'm currently working on a bus_dma back-end for the Shark, and I have
some questions about it...

I know of the DMA range limitation for ISA.  However, I'm not clear on
whether or not the same limitation applies to the PCI bus on the system,
as well.  The `dma-ranges' property that notes the 4M range limitation
exists in the OFW's / node, and the `dma-ranges' properties for /vlbus,
/vlbus/isa, and /pci are different than /'s.

What's the scoop, here?  Is all DMA on the Shark limited by /'s
`dma-ranges' property, or does that apply only to ISA DMA?

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 428 6939